Congratulations to Mike Langdon for winning Friends of Tooting Common’s “winter” photo competition for Tooting Common (covering the months of December to February), with this photo:
Many thanks to everyone who entered this competition. There were a lot of very good photos, and choosing the winning photo was not easy! A link to all the photographs received is here: Winter photo comp Feb2021
We are now running a “Spring” photo competition, which will cover March, April and May. Please send photos for this by 31 May, to email@example.com, and entitle the email “Spring photo competition”.
Entry to our photo competitions is free. The arrangements are:
- The photo can be of any aspect of Tooting Common, particularly one which brings out its distinctive character. It should be taken in the month concerned.
- It can include people, but any photo including children should be from a distance and not identify faces.
- No-one can submit more than 5 photos for any competition
- Photo(s) submitted for the competition are then in the “public domain” and may be used publicly
- We announce the winner early in the following month. The prize is a copy of the hand-drawn map of Tooting Common by local artist Joanna Canessa.
Previous winners of FOTC’s photo competitions were Monika Glinska for the competition for October – December 2020, Mike Langdon for September, Jesse Kornblum for August, Norma Kearns for July, and George Mills for June 2020.